This article only applies to Squared Up Version 2.0. If you're looking for help with Squared Up Version 3.0, please visit our new knowledge base
When you create a group in SCOM it does not by default have a health rollup monitor, so the health state stays in the grey/uninitialized 'no health information' state. To show the health of the group members using the group object you will need to add a health rollup monitor.
1. In SCOM click on the 'Authoring' tab
2. Expand 'Management Pack Objects'.
3. Right click on 'Monitors', select 'Create a Monitor' and then 'Dependency Roll Up Monitor'.
4. Give the monitor a suitable name.
5. The Monitor Target should be your group.
6. Leave the 'Parent monitor' set to 'Availability'.
7. Select the same unsealed management pack that your group is in.
8. Click Next to move on to Monitor Dependency.
9. Expand Object (Contains Entities), expand Entity Health, and click on Availability.
10. Click Next, Next, Create.
After you have created a health rollup you may have to wait a minute or two and then your dashboards should show the health for your group.
Here is a blog that provides a very straightforward walkthrough with screenshots:https://sites.google.com/site/scomblogs/journal-blog/monitoringtheavailabilityandhealthofagroupinscom
Community Management Pack
Alternatively, in order to simplify this process, Tao Yang, MVP, has created a community Management Pack - "OpsMgr Group Health Rollup Configuration Task Management Pack” - which provides an agent task to create dependency monitors for the selected groups using the OpsMgr SDK.
Full details of that are available here;
If you need further assistance please raise a support ticket at http://support.squaredup.com/ or by emailing email@example.com and we will be happy to help out. It would be very helpful if you could send a screenshot of the error page and send logs from: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUp\Log\rolling.log