This article only applies to Squared Up Version 2.0. If you're looking for help with Squared Up Version 3.0, please visit our new knowledge base
Unable to verify your product license. The license server is not configured
This message occurs when a Secondary server is unable to communicate with the Primary server to verify licensing. If you're getting this message after reapplying or reactivating licences, it may be that the Secondary licence has accidentally been applied to the Primary server, or both Primary and Secondary licences are on the same server.
Check that on the Secondary server the license-server-name setting is set to be the Primary server:
1. In IIS Manager expand <server-name> > Sites > Default Web Site.
2. Select 'SquaredUp'
3. Open 'Application Settings' in the main panel.
4. Open the ‘license-server-name’ setting to enter the fully qualified domain name of the primary server.
If the Secondary license has been installed on the Primary server by mistake, remove the Secondary licence and install the correct licence. Running LicAdmin.exe as described below will list the licences applied to a server:
1. Log on to each server where Squared Up is installed
2. Browse to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv2\tools
3. Run Microsoft.Licensing.LicAdmin.exe
Each server will normally only have one licence applied to it, usually either a Primary or Secondary licence. Please contact email@example.com with a screenshot if you need to know which licence is which.
To remove one licence and add another:
4. Right-click on the licence and click Remove.
5. On the File menu, select Activation Wizard…
6. Select 'I have a licence file I want to install’ and click 'Next'
7. Select the correct licence file and click 'Next'
8. Click 'Finish'
For the Squared Up application to detect the new licence, you may need to restart the IIS app pool:
1. In IIS Manager browse to <Your server>/Application Pools
2. Right click ‘SquaredUpv2’ and select ‘Recycle…’ (or choose ‘Recycle…’ in the MMC action bar).