This article only applies to Squared Up Version 2.0. If you're looking for help with Squared Up Version 3.0, please visit our new knowledge base
There may be some circumstances in which you need to use Microsoft Licence Administrator, such as checking the details of the licence you have installed on a server or in order to add / remove licences.
For example, it may be the case that when upgrading from a temporary trial licence to a purchased licence, Squared Up still attempts to use your trial licence, resulting in a warning that "Your licence has expired". In those circumstances, you'll need to remove your expired trial licence.
To run Licence Administrator
Licence Adminstrator allows you to check the the licence on the server, such as the key and the expiry date:
1. On the server where Squared Up is installed browse to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv2\tools
2. Run Microsoft.Licensing.LicAdmin.exe
Is this my Primary or Secondary licence? How many named users does this license include?
Right-click on the licence and select Details for more information.
To see how many named users are included on this licence scroll down the list and look for 'named user':
The Product name often tells you if it is a Primary (Production) or Secondary licence. Please contact email@example.com with a screenshot if you need more information.
Please note that, when sending us details of your licence key, it is extremely helpful if you're able to send us a copy-and-paste of the licence key text itself, as well as the information shown in the screenshot.
To remove a licence
1. Right-click on the licence and click Remove.
To add a licence file manually
If you have a licence key you need to activate it to receive your licence file, see How to activate your licence. Once you've received your licence file you can add it like this:
1. On the File menu, select Activation Wizard…
2. Select 'I have a licence file I want to install’ and click 'Next'
3. Select the licence file and click 'Next'
4. Click 'Finish'
After adding or removing a licence restart the app pool
For the Squared Up application to detect the new licence, you may need to restart the IIS app pool:
1. In IIS Manager browse to <Your server>/Application Pools
2. Right click ‘SquaredUpv2’ and select ‘Recycle…’ (or choose ‘Recycle…’ in the MMC action bar)