This article only applies to Squared Up Version 2.0. If you're looking for help with Squared Up Version 3.0, please visit our new knowledge base
Squared Up asked Tao Yang, MVP, to work on the ability to automatically create Squared Up map dashboards and geo-locate your SCOM objects within them.
This is how it works:
- User inputs street address and monitoring object ID (for single object dashboards, or addresses and IDs in a CSV file for multi-objects dashboards) to a PowerShell script along with other map specific parameters
- The PowerShell script uses Google Maps API to translate each street address to Geocode (Latitude & Longitude values)
- The Script then use Bing Maps API to download the map image and the Metadata information. The Metadata contains the location for each object on the map.
- The script generates the Squared Up dashboard (XML file) based on user’s input and information retrieved from Bing Map images Metadata.
- The users manually copy the map image and the dashboard XML files to appropriate folders in the web server hosting Squared Up dashboard.
Click here for more information regarding Geo-Location with Squared Up Map Dashboards.