This article only applies to Squared Up Version 2.0. If you're looking for help with Squared Up Version 3.0, please visit our new knowledge base
Give the Squared Up app pool account read-only permissions in SCOM:
a. If Squared Up is installed on a Management Server, add NT AUTHORITY\Network Service to a Read Only SCOM role.
b. If Squared Up is installed on a standalone server, add the server account (e.g. myserver$) to a Read Only SCOM role.
The SCOM management console does not allow you to add computer or service accounts directly to a SCOM role. Instead you will need to use Set-SCOMUserRole PowerShell cmdlet to add these users.
To open the Operations Manager Shell, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft System Center 2012, click Operations Manager, and then click Operations Manager Shell.
Complete the following:
1. Run the following command in your SCOM powershell.
Get-SCOMUserRole | select Name,Id | ft -auto
2. From the list output select your operations manager read-only group ID and save it as the following variable.
$RG = 'Your Group ID'
3. From the above list select the name of your read-only group and save as the following variable.
$mg = Get-SCOMManagementGroup
4. Run the following command, this will get the security role previously set.
$role = $mg.Security.GetUserRole($RG)
5. You need to add your SquaredUp server to the security role you can do this by running the following command.
6. Finally run the update command to add this to the role.
Alternatively you can first add the server account to an Active Directory security group and then add the security group to the SCOM role.