This article only applies to Squared Up Version 2.0. If you're looking for help with Squared Up Version 3.0, please visit our new knowledge base
An error occurred when checking your permissions to use this site. You do not have permission to connect to Operations Manager. Contact your Operations Manager administrator.
If the error looks more like the one below, please see You do not have permission to connect to Operations Manager. Contact your Operations Manager administrator
Squared Up cannot communicate with SCOM due to invalid authentication.
1. Check your app pool has permissions
2. If you are using Windows Authentication, check that it is set up correctly
If you are using Windows Authentication and Squared Up is not installed on a SCOM management server then the Squared Up server must be configured for Kerberos Constrained Delegation, the steps below will check the configuration.
1. Run our Kerberos debugging tool found in the diagnostics download zip. This will check your SPN's are set up correctly.
Next we will check that delegation is configured correctly between Squared Up and your SCOM management server.
2. On the domain controller, open 'Active Directory Users and Computers', navigate to the Computers folder, right-click on the Squared Up server, and select Properties.
3. Select ‘Trust this computer for delegation to specified services only’ (We could also set ‘Trust this user for delegation to any service’, but this is less secure than defining a list of specified services).
4. Click Add, Users or computers, type the SCOM server name, click OK and double click on the server. Click on‘MSOMSdkSvc’ from the list of services and click OK.
If you need assistance please raise a support ticket at http://support.squaredup.com/ or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help out. It would be very helpful if you could send a screenshot of the error page and a zip of the output of the Squared Up Diagnostics Script.