This article only applies to Squared Up Version 2.0. If you're looking for help with Squared Up Version 3.0, please visit our new knowledge base
To activate Squared up using your activation key, Squared Up needs to connect to the internet. If your web server is behind a web proxy, it may be unable to activate automatically. Instead, an offline activation is required.
Here are the instructions to perform an offline activation:
1. When you attempt to activate Squared Up by entering your activation key, but do not have an internet connection, the setup wizard will provide you with an 'activation request' which is a piece of text starting with
2. Click 'copy to clipboard' to copy the whole request.
3. On a computer with an internet connection, go to the Squared Up activation portal https://activate.squaredup.com/ paste in the activation request, and click 'activate'.
You will be redirected to a download link for the licence file within ~30 seconds.
4. Click 'Download licence file'.
If you do not see a download link for the licence file, or receive an error that you do not expect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the licence request text and the original activation key.
5. Copy the licence .bin file to the Squared Up server.
6. Install the licence file using the licencing tool, and recycle the Squared Up application pool, both described below:
How to using Microsoft Licencing Administrator to install a licence file
1. Log on to the server where Squared Up is installed.
2. Browse to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv2\tools
3. Run Microsoft.Licensing.LicAdmin.exe
4. On the File menu, select Activation Wizard…
5. Select 'I have a licence file I want to install’ and click 'Next'
6. Select the licence file provided and click 'Next'
7. Click 'Finish'
How to recycle the Squared Up application pool, so that Squared Up detects the new licence
1. Run inetmgr.exe to open IIS.
2. Browse to <Your server>/Application Pools
3. Select ‘SquaredUpv2’ in the list
4. Right click and select ‘Recycle…’ (or choose ‘Recycle…’ in the MMC action bar)
5. Browse to http://<Your-SquaredUp-Web-Server>/SquaredUp to log in and complete the activation process.