This article only applies to Squared Up Version 2.0. If you're looking for help with Squared Up Version 3.0, please visit our new knowledge base
You may need to install Squared Up on more than one web server. For example, for load balancing or for failover see How to setup Kerberos Constrained Delegation with a load balancer.
In a multi-server deployment, one Squared Up web server must act as a primary server, with all other servers designated as secondary servers. The secondary servers report usage to the primary server, ensuring that concurrent usage across all servers stays within licensed limits.
There are no special requirements for the primary server, except that all secondary servers must be able to communicate with the primary server on port 80.
The primary and secondary servers must be configured as follows:
Activate using your original (primary) licence key. If you cannot activate your key automatically on your Squared Up server follow the guidelines for manual activation in this article.
1. Activate the secondary server using your secondary licence key. Multiple servers can be activated using the same secondary licence key. If you do not already have a secondary licence key, this can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are trialling Squared Up you can use your trial licence key to set up a secondary server. If you cannot activate your key automatically on your Squared Up server follow the guidelines for manual activation in this article.
2. Configure the ‘license-server-name’ setting with the address (fully qualified domain name) of the primary server:
- Open: Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand <server-name> > Sites > Default Web Site.
- Select 'SquaredUp'.
- Open 'Application Settings' in the main panel.
- Open the ‘license-server-name’ setting to edit the value.
Squared Up will automatically restart and the new settings will be in effect when the next user logs on.
If you are experiencing any licensing error messages on the secondary server after logging in relating to 405 errors please see the article which describes how to resolve this issue.